Some people look down on others for using convenience foods in their cooking. I am one of those people. But unlike most of those people, I'm aware of a conflict, the conflict being that you can always do it in a purer way than you already do:
"Do you also use basil from a jar?"
"Not cool; mine's kept phresher in this paste."
"Oh, but I bought some fresh leaf basil from the supermarket!"
"The supermarket? no, you have to get it from the markets or it's not the real thing."
"Now I have my own basil plant"
...and this is where it gets dangerous, because if you take it too far, you could well be growing your own wheat soon. This would make you a hippy, and hippies are the subject of a lot more scorn than someone who owns a jar of basil.
No comments:
Post a Comment