26.7.10

A Clockwork Orange

I enjoy saying things in Nasdat, and in particular I found the book very easy to read the second time around, and could see the parts where Burgess is giving the reader a bit of help to understand it.


When Ryan visited he saw the book and asked me about it. He had tried to read it after the last time I did, but he said he didn't like it. He said he stopped after about 10 pages, because he couldn't stand the Russian. He requested that any books he reads from now on should be written entirely in English.


I felt the need to establish why he didn't like it. He said it was because he couldn't understand it. Not being able to understand it made him bored and he gave up. So I said that it's understandable to not like something because you don't understand it. For example, my cat doesn't like physics. I tried to teach it to her but she didn't understand. She just got bored and ended up sitting on the textbook.


No doubt he is now reading the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment